Friday, December 12, 2008

December Daily: 12/12/2008 - Ugh

I have been trying to post for a week now and Blogger will not save or publish my posts. After reading Haley's post, I'm wondering if they were having issues...who knows! I'm going to keep this rather short, because honestly I have no idea if anyone will get to read it or if it will be sucked into the blogger black hole, never to be seen again.

Here's a small recap of what's been going on in the hive...
  • I finished my 30 faces in 30 days for my MK goal and got some sweet bling! Thanks to all that helped me reach it! If you weren't lucky enough to get a facial from me, let me know! A new challenge begins 12/16!
  • It's been so fun watching Riley learn everything about Christmas. All those Christmas specials we've watched a million times are new again. It's great.
  • We got his train table and trundles from UPS today - can't wait to see his face when he sees them on Christmas! Also got Brenna's Laugh 'n Learn Kitchen at an awesome price and free shipping! I just looked at it again and they are selling both items for twice as much as I paid for it and you have to wait 2-3 months for shipping! WOO HOO! Good Timing B!
  • Brenna is getting so big - and getting her first tooth!

On a quick side note, I wanted to address all the mom's that read my blog. In light of things that have been happening in my area, I've really been thinking about my role as a mom and what it means to be a good mom. Some things have really been laying heavy on my heart lately. We are constantly being pulled in every direction and immersed in guilt of never being good enough...our houses aren't clean enough, we're not thin enough, our kids don't eat right, we're not giving 100% at work...

Some of the best advice I've ever gotten was from my sister before I had Riley.

There is no way to be a perfect mom.

But there are a million ways to be a good mom.

Our houses may not be spotless, our kids may not be eating a well balanced meal, (if anyone can give me an idea on how to get Riley to eat something other than chicken nuggets and marshmallows, I'm all ears!), and we may now be a little squishy around the middle... but at the end of the day if our kids are safe, warm, have something in their bellies, and know they are loved, we have done our job.

You are a good mom.

Love,

The Squishy B

1 comment:

Sweet Buzzes