- During the class the kids pretended to drive cars around the classroom. Ms. Jeanne said, "Are you ready to start your trip?" And my son proudly proclaims, "I'm going to Target!" That's my boy. :-)
- While playing with the plastic food, Ms. Johana asked a little boy, "Do you help make dinner at home?" and he replied, "No, we usually just go to Taco Bell." HA!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Today I spent a few hours helping out at Riley's preschool. I was super excited! I thought for sure I'd be able to wow the kids with my talent of being able to recite every single Wiggle song and dance from memory. Unfortunately my talents went unnoticed and I was stuck in the kitchen with a stack of paper and scissors and had to cut out a bazillion squirrels and pumpkins. I understand why they did that though - not only because they don't want to cut out squirrels and pumpkins any more than I do, but within minutes of me joining the class, Riley threw an embarrassing temper tantrum. It seems my son has problems when he can't be line leader and got even more worked up "for my benefit" (as Ms. Johana put it!). But there were some really cute moments:
at 8:00 PM
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
It's been almost seven months since I became a stay-at-home-mom. There are a lot of things that really surprise me about this new gig. I certainly wasn't ready for how hard it actually is. When I was working outside the home, we really had no structure as far as routines went. It was always just 'fly by the seat of your pants and hope it all gets done!'. Now that I actually have the time to take care of things in the house, I have spent the past seven months trying to figure out how to actually do it. It's embarrassing to admit it's actually taken me this long to find a groove. I really thought this was something that would happen immediately and without much effort. Even now, when I feel like I sort of have a handle on things, I know I still have a long way to go. I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on how you get things done?? I'm interested in hearing them all!
at 2:30 PM
Monday, October 5, 2009
It's been a gazillion years since i've posted anything, so here is a quick update:
- riley is doing an awesome job sleeping in his own bed. he doesn't get up in the middle of the night and no longer feels like he has to sleep with the carrot bat.
- he had to get a physical for preschool and they made him wear a gown. it made him so MAD!
- Brenna is as rotten and sweet as ever. Not quite walking, but she certainly is trying. She loves Elmo and Yo Gabba Gabba (particularly Foofa) and is THE BEST cuddler this side of the Mississippi.
- we're hoping to go to a local orchard this weekend for their fall festival - more pics to come!
at 4:58 PM