My heart is breaking again. For Karlee, for Karie, for so many people hurting right now. I promise my posts will not always be depressing. I will not always be a Debbie Downer. But my heart aches and I feel like I'll burst if I don't express it. Please pray for comfort and peace for the families who are losing their little ones way too soon.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
How am I old enough to have a five year old? It just doesn't seem possible.
But it IS possible and my little man is five today.
Riley at Five:
Super smart and soaks things up like a sponge. Hilarious. Loves dancing.
Obsessed with trains of all kinds. Huge imagination.
Such a good big brother.
We're having a mini-celebration today at home.
(Riley was disappointed there was snow on the ground because then he
"couldn't go outside to build his ferris wheel." Um, okay!)
And a Mario and Toad Celebration Saturday with family (weather permitting!)
Happy Birthday Stinker!
at 2:20 PM
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
She's growing, thriving. Kicking both legs, reaching with both arms, showing no signs of weakness on her left side. She can see the bird she's reaching for. She talks, smiles, laughs.
Five months ago we were told that she had a severe brain bleed. Facing surgery (for Grace and me), NICU, shunts, so many scary things. Five months ago we were terrified that she wouldn't be 'normal'. Five months ago Jeff and I sat at Chick-Fil-A and cried because we didn't want something to be wrong with our unborn daughter.
And look at her now.
Some people see a baby, I see a miracle.
at 11:08 AM
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Has it really been two weeks since I've posted anything? And it was a book review at that. Shameful. I think of writing often, but actually putting the fingers to the keys is a whole other story. Someone always needs fed, changed, played with, put to bed, etc. It's a busy season of life for me and I'm trying to embrace it. But it's not always easy! So here are a few things that I have been meaning to write about:
- My in-laws were coming to visit, so I hid a dirty mixing bowl in the oven to help give the illusion that we have a clean house. Later that day I went to make snickerdoodles for the family and completely melted the bowl when I pre-heated the oven. Now our house has that nice burnt plastic smell - but that's one less mixing bowl I'll have to wash!
- I bought a package of toilet paper the other day and it said that the 12 rolls I was buying was comparable to 48 regular rolls. What? Does anyone sell "regular" rolls anymore? Do you remember when Charmin came out with a roll so big they also had to sell an extension for your dispenser so it would fit? That's craziness. And what's up with toilet paper commercials? I have never had my finger break through the paper or felt paper left on my nether regions after wiping - but those bears make you believe that it's a common occurance. Bears are Liars.
- Why is it that just when I'm comfortable with my kids' wardrobe they grow? Brenna's belly is now starting to peek out from her 2T shirts and her coat sleeves are looking a little short. Gracie is so long that I've been able to dress her in 6-9 month sleepers lately. Stop growing already!
- Once we get our tax return, we are switching cell phone providers so that means I will say goodbye to my beloved iPhone. The move will be good, it will save us quite a bit monthly and help Jeff out - he gets terrible service at work with our current carrier, but I'll admit it will be bittersweet. I'm considering getting a phone just for talking and texting only, but we'll see.
- We also are planning on buying a new vacuum and cutting board soon. I'm super excited about these purchases - does that make me old? Or just boring? I suppose we should buy a new mixing bowl too...
at 10:00 PM