Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hey! It's Okay Tuesday!

It's Okay to...

- Admit that you need help.
- Know that when you face your issues, strength can take the place of shame.
- Let the cat out of the bag....:)

In December, I decided to do something serious about my health and in February I started the process of having lap-band surgery. It isn't scheduled yet, but if all goes as planned I should have surgery by the end of August.


I hadn't told anyone for the longest time because I was ashamed. I know people will talk, I know people will think it's the easy way out, I know people will judge. But I realized I can't control what others may say. But I can share my story.

It really isn't anyone else's business - it's my body. But I don't want to lose weight and have people believe I finally got my shizz together and conquered this diet/exercise thing on my own. It felt very dishonest.

So I'd like to put it out there. I'm horrible at blogging, but hopefully I can document this huge life change well!

Check out Airing My Dirty Laundry for more of what's okay!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing awesome! So what if you got lap band surgery? You're still making a step for a healthier you, and no one should ever go against that.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes