Friday, January 29, 2010

sew and tell: an apron

I made an apron for my beautiful friend Robin's birthday. She loves to cook and bake (she is the one that made Brenna's Birthday cake).


Once it was finished, Riley had to try it out - and thought it made a better superhero cape than an apron. So I will be making another 'apron' very soon for my little superhero!

Check out other new ideas at Amylouwho's Sew and Tell Friday!

21 comments:

  1. That's a cute apron! I love the little green ric-rac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that super hero has the right idea!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cape/apron! Love the pear fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the apron! And I think we need a few more super heros as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great apron, I love the brown!
    Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! The fabric colors almost match your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The fabric is great. I'm starting a Clothing Sew Along if you are interested! You can check out the info on my blog if you want to join along!
    thetraintocrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute apron and love the fabrics, perfect for an apron. Your son has given you a great idea for a super hero cape hasn't he!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Riley has the right idea, aprons DO make great super hero capes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this...i have a bit of this in my stash...it makes a great cape too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bethany....remember that pillow you had to make in High School? and you swore you would never sew again! LOL
    You have come a long way....next you will be crocheting! Love ya MOM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. I love how it is girly, but not girly pink. The rick rack is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! Love the apron as a superhero cape!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous apron/super hero cape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just too cute that your son is trying the apron as a cape! :o)
    :o) Trish

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that pear fabric, and that's a fun pattern. One can get away with ruffles on an apron, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great apron! Thanks for sharing your Friday finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that pear fabric. So perfect for an apron.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the apron! So cute that your son wants his own superhero cape. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes