Monday, April 26, 2010

MPM and a Friday Surprise


I really have no idea what we are doing for meals this week. I'm all tapped out of ideas and really wish I could hire someone else to cook (and clean!) for me! Based on what we have on hand, here's what will probably be having...
Monday - Fettucini Alfredo
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken
Wednesday - Steak and Potatoes
Thursday - Spaghetti
Friday - Homemade Pizza and breadsticks

Not too shabby for just coming up with that right now!

Friday I had an OB appointment. Jeff went with me because we were suppose to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Things went as planned until the doctor gooped up my belly to hear the baby. After searching with the monitor for a few minutes, the doctor said she was going to bring in the nurse to help. The monitor's cord kept coming loose and dying. So while the nurse searched and my doctor held the monitor together, I was panicking. Why couldn't they find anything? Was something wrong? They finally gave up with the monitor and my doctor said she was sending me to the hospital for an ultrasound. That's when I started crying. She assured me that she was confident nothing was wrong with the baby, that it was just their faulty equipment and that everything would be fine. Checking into the hospital I glanced at my paperwork - it said, "No Fetal Heartbeat Detected". Ugh. I started mentally planning how I was going to tell Riley that there would be no baby William. How do you explain that to a four year old? How would he understand that? I didn't even understand.
After the longest wait I've ever experienced (probably not, but it sure seemed like it!) they called us back, gooped me up again and started looking. And this is what we saw...
See that dark spot in her chest? That's her heart - and it was beating just fine. Did you catch that? I said, HER. The techinican was quick to tell us it's still pretty early, but he "saw no evidence of a penis" HA! He kept checking every now and then and finally said, "That looks like a labia to me." Funniest words ever. So there she is. And we'll get to see her again in a few weeks when we go for a second ultrasound to see her organs and such! Thank goodness for insurance!

2 comments:

Sweet Buzzes