Thursday, April 14, 2011
Why I Love My Job
Today Riley asked me, "Do you like being a mommy?" I answered, "I love being a mommy." His reply was "Why? You have to do so much work!" Amen, brother. Amen.
I'm sure I'm mostly preaching to the choir when I say being a mom is a lot of work. It can be frustrating, hard, mind-boggling and sometimes just plain gross (who else cleans up all the boogers, poop and vomit?). I can spend day after day doing the exact same things over and over and still feel like I've accomplished nothing. Some days no one listens, every one's crabby and I'd like to just run away with the circus.
But...
There are the sleepy smiles first thing in the morning. The polite requests for more "hocklate milk". The dance parties. The smooches. Hearing them say, "please" and "thank you" without being prompted. The excitement over things like bubbles and going down the slide. The smell of baby lotion. And a gazillion other benefits.
When I watch Riley become so independent, Brenna do "ballet", or rock Gracie to sleep I think, "Please don't ever let me forget what this feels like." Because I love my job.
I'm linking this up to "Why I..." At Vanderbilt Wife. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sometimes in all the chaos and the doing the same thing for the umpteenth time that morning, I forget. I always wanted this. I wanted kids, we only have 1 so far, I wanted to be able to stay home.
ReplyDeleteThank You for reminding me, I do love my job, even if I don't always like my job. :)
Love this! :) It IS hard work, but the best kind of work. I'm so hoping to be able to be home full time sometime soon..I don't want to miss a moment!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I only have one toddler so far but she sure can be a handful! I'm a stay-at-home mom and I also love my job. I especially loves the kisses and affection but most of all ... | like naptime ;).
ReplyDelete