Sunday, December 16, 2012

Little, Yellow Room

Tonight I'm sitting on a little Lightening McQueen stool next to my girls' bed. Grace is very much like her brother. Neither fall asleep easily and both need something or someone to cuddle with. It's 11 PM and she's so tired, but needs to know she's not alone. Brenna, always my good sleeper, is fast asleep next to her. Still, every few minutes Grace will raise her head, look around to make sure I'm still here, and giggle before laying her head back down. Soon she'll be asleep and I can head to bed myself.

I'm posting this from my phone so the grammar, spacing, and such may not be right. No fancy pictures. Just a moment I wanted to capture so I never forget. Sitting in this little yellow room with the twinkling Christmas lights listening to my girls slowly breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Buzzes