Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Spreading His Wings

Riley starts preschool on Tuesday. On Sunday, we went to the preschool for the 'meet and greet' and he got to meet his teacher Mrs. Jeanne. He loved being there, loved playing with the fake food (which I made a mental note of for Christmas!) and is so excited about going back. I was completely fine registering him and was very excited to go to the meet and greet. But once we got there it hit me like a ton of bricks. My baby boy is growing up. Soon he's going to have his own little friends and spending time with mommy won't be as cool. So I cried. At the preschool meet and greet.

My job as his mom is to prepare him to be a responsible adult. I want to give him strong roots so when the day comes, he can confidently spread his wings and begin his own life. I understand my purpose in his life and that I'll always be his mommy, I'm just not sure I'm ready for him to grow into my big boy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Buzzes