Friday, June 11, 2010

Stuff I've Made - Sew and Tell

    Pregnancy insomnia has done this momma some good! I used those wee hours of quiet to finish up a few quick projects that have been looming in my cabinet and to-do list.

First are some nursing pads. I LOVE the nursing pads from Lansinoh. The are thin enough so that it's not blatantly obvious that you're wearing them, but still absorb a TON. Which is important, especially in those early days when the plumbing is still finding it's groove. But they are pretty pricey! So I took some leftover flannel, fleece and a waterproof mattress pad we used on Riley's bed, sandwiched them together and made some nursing pads! I'll wear these while at home, then save my precious Lansinoh pads for when we leave the house. Which isn't very often. :-)

Next up is my Bible cover. My Bible is pretty old, I've had it for at least ten years. So I wanted something to help protect it, hold all the notes and bulletins from church and had handles to make it easier to carry. I bought this fabric a while ago and couldn't decide what to do with it...apron? skirt? toaster cover? I thought it was perfect for a Bible cover so whipped one up!


It even has a nifty pocket on the inside.

(Not sure why the picture is sideways, but I'm too lazy to fix it.) :)

Last but certainly not least are some cloth blocks. I've seen a few other bloggers (Like Rachel) make them and wanted to give them a try. They are bigger than I thought they would be, so I may cut the rest of them down a bit. So far they are being used as things for the kids (And the hubs!) to throw at each other. Since they are soft, I'm okay with that!



  So there are my sew and tell projects! What have you been up to?

13 comments:

  1. not up to anything, cuz I can't sew... but you've left out the hundreds of capes (okay 20+) you sewed for Chamryn's birthday party in your blog! :)

    http://myrakristine.blogspot.com/2010/05/chamryns-superhero-party.html

    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great finishes for the week. love the idea of making your own nursing pads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very cute! Love the blocks - I have thought of doing the same thing but have not yet tried it. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Bible cover - the fabric is so nice! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm jealous! you are SO talented....i wish i could sew...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, each of them! Wish I'd have thought of making my own nursing pads all those years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finishes! I like the bible cover the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have certainly been quite productive! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have been busy. Looking forward to viewing all your Sew & Tell's. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just love the nursing pads! I always used the disposable ones, but what you've done makes much better sense. I miss those days. (sigh) Our "baby" just turned 11 on Friday. Enjoy! I miss being pregnant!

    The Bible cover is super cute. I made mine with a front pocket and a bow tie, but I'd really love some handles. Perhaps I'll make another one. Your inside pocket is very nice.

    The blocks are a great idea. I have big kids (11-18), and they would have a blast throwing those at each other... and Dad... and nothing would get broken, then Mama could be at ease. Everybody wins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great and useful projects that you finished! I love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes