Now clearly there is the whole "eternal salvation" thing, which I'm into. I appreciate being saved from the firey pits of Hell as much as the next person. But like most of Americans I want some immediate gratification! Can I get some blessings served up in here? With a side of that land of milk and honey? (But instead of the milk and honey can I get Dove chocolate and Vanilla Coke?) I'm not all that screwed up - so pour it on Jesus! What are you waiting for?
This past week I've been gently reminded of the things he's already done for me late-ly. My biggest 'ah-ha' moment came while reading the book The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel. Here's what Craig had to say,
To the Christian Atheist, the holy God of the universe is quietly transformed into a cosmic soda machine. If we give enough money, or pray the right prayer, or live the right way, God must deliver and do what we ask.He later goes on to describe the implications of this 'polluted theology'...
"I tried religion, but it didn't make me happy. I went to church and it didn't make my life any better. God didn't help me have a better life, so either he failed me or he's not real. Either way, I'm not interested."So basically, it's not all about me. (always a hard lesson to learn!) God is not here to serve me. I am here to serve him. Now I just need to determine how to do that...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sweet Buzzes