Monday, August 30, 2010

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? (and a menu!)

I normally like to pride myself on being an optimist. No one likes a Debbie Downer, Nelly Negative or someone who just can't seem to find enough to complain about. (At least I don't like them anyway!) I've found life is just much easier when you can find something good in everything.  But lately there have been so many things that have gotten under my skin that I can't help but give in and complain. So here goes...

  • When you find out that this is my third pregnancy, DO NOT say the following:
    • "You need to slow down!" (Why? Is my pregnancy pace to much for your stupidity to keep up with?)
    • "Don't you know what causes that?" (Yeah, it's called sex. Unfortunately, I don't know what causes you to say such rude things.)
    • "You had a boy and a girl! I thought you were done!" (Oh, I'm sorry that I've screwed up YOUR vision of MY perfect family.)
    • "Are you getting your tubes tied after this?" (Not that it's your business at all what happens to 'my tubes', but no. I'm not. Are you getting your mouth wired shut so you can't ask things like that?)
  • I'm fully aware that my house can be "a mess". When you mention something about it, I'm going to assume that you're being funny and sympathetic. When your twelve year old mentions it, I'm going to assume that you haven't taught him any manners.
  • I've chosen to be a stay-at-home mom. This does not mean I am lazy, uneducated, or not ambitious. It also does not mean that I have nothing better to do than be at your beck and call - no "job" does not equal no life.
  • Not everyone is obsessed with their size. I may be fat, but I'm also smart, funny, cute, and a thousand other wonderful things. Get over yourself.
  • I don't go to church because I think I'm better than you. I go to church because I think I can be a better me.
I wish I could say that this made me feel better. But it didn't really. So that will conclude my "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?" series. :-)

It is no use to grumble and complain;
It's just as cheap and easy to rejoice;
When God sorts out the weather and sends rain -
Why, rain's my choice.
~James Whitcomb Riley

And here's whats for dinner:
Monday - Hacienda leftovers (Super YUM!)
Tuesday - Hamburgers, corn on the cob
Wednesday - Buffalo Chicken Dip and salad
Thursday - Enchilada Pie
Friday - Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't believe anyone would ask you any of those questions about your pregnancy. How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry, i know my posts have been a debbie downer lately....

    i love you Bethany! i think you're awesome and a WONDERFUL mommy! i LOVE that you always find the good in the things i post too! seriously have people NOT taught their children manners in this day and age???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I got those questions too. People can be so lovely. OR NOT. I love that you are joining my 3 club! lol And you are a gorgeous mommy who loves her babies and loves to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are so gosh darn rude! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I have gotten the "You need to slow down" comment before. my husband and I just kind of laugh it off, like sorry that we are going to be having three babies under the age of three by the time this one is born.

    Oh and I LOVE the whole "Are you done after this?" I don't know if I am done after this? I would like to think so, but things happen :]

    The comments I honestly do love are, "Oh wow, how old are they? That's how far apart in age my kids were too!" Always makes me smile :D

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes