I just traced the slipcover I had onto some freezer paper, ironed the freezer paper to some cute material, cut, sewed and I came up with this:
I carefully pointed out a few flaws (and my toe) and put a baby in it...well, just because I could. This cover is a little snug, especially around the middle section. So the next one I'll make sure I cut a little bigger. I'm not sure I cut big enough for the seam allowance. I don't have a zipper big enough for it right now so I'm debating on whether or not to purchase a bigger zipper or go for the zipper's cheaper, easier sister Velcro. I'm also debating on whether or not to just use the cotton I have in my stash or find some soft knit to try.
Once I actually got off my tookus and DID it, it really only took me about an hour tops and saved me $10-15. And it's a good thing I bought a second boppy, cause I may not be getting this one back.



she is so freaking cute (your daughter, not your toe).
ReplyDeleteSoooo Bethany! Do you think you could make me a pink one??? I can mail you the fabric design.
ReplyDeleteawesome job! its adorable!
ReplyDelete