Last week was very busy for my family! We're home-bodies, so being out and about so much was a little jarring for us. Looking forward to it slowing down just a bit for a while!
 |
| Don't bother me. Mommy's resting. |
Wednesday was a whirl-wind and pretty emotional day. I had to go to the doctor's office in the morning and was diagnosed with strep throat. It was Riley's last day of preschool, so after my appointment we went to his class picnic. That was fun, but I spent a lot of it on the phone with the neurosurgeon's office. The area around Gracie's shunt was filling up with fluid again very quickly. It was very scary. After a few suggestions from the neurosurgeon, we got the fluid to go back down and made an appointment for Friday to have her seen again.
The appointment with the surgeon went well. We have to keep Gracie's head elevated above her body as much as possible and keep her headband on for another week. We go back next week to hopefully be able to take the band off!
She's been a little fussy these past few days. It's so hard to tell if it's her head bothering her or if she's teething. I think it's both! I'm so ready for her to feel 'normal' - but I suppose that's a relative term now.
I have so much more to talk about - a meeting with the School for the Blind, Riley's Preschool Graduation, Chick-Fil-A Family night with a migraine...and I know you can't wait to read it all. :) The suspense is maddening!
I'm a totally home-body too, just sayin' :)
ReplyDelete