If you are going to start saving using coupons, you first have to have the coupons. Duh, right? I find most of my coupons in the Sunday paper. We subscribe to two local papers for around $13 a month. Both papers normally have the same coupons, so I get two sets of each. This works out well because:
- Two sets don't take long to organize
- A lot of stores will only double two of the same coupon
- Rarely do I need more than two of any item
There are "clipping" services you can purchase coupons from and you can even buy full coupon inserts from eBay. I have not done this, but know some people who have and have had success with it. You can also find fellow couponers and swap coupons. I belong to a facebook group of local couponers and have made some great swaps. You could also go all "Extreme Couponer" and dumpster dive. I'm only slightly tempted to visit the local recycling bins and see if anyone left their coupons behind, but I would never actually climb in the bins. Pick around the top maybe.
Where do you get your coupons? Any hot spots I missed? Will you send me YOUR coupon inserts? :)

I used to get the Kraft foods magazine, and there was coupon in there. it was free at the time, but maybe they make you pay now? Also I think Meijer has some new phone/website thing they're doing too. My Mom does some frequent shopper/coupon program with Kroger- she gets really specific coupons.
ReplyDeleteI avoid coupon websites bc I my computer's viruses got viruses last year and the tech trying to fix it said that is how they got in.
ReplyDeleteAnd you can totally have my coupons.
If you have store cards, many of the store sites will allow you to go on line, register your card and load the coupons. This works out well for two reasons - no printing necessary and if you forget coupons at home you can still save money. I use this for Kroger and CVS.
ReplyDelete