Thursday, September 29, 2011

Couponing: Anatomy of a Bargain

I've had a few people ask where I found my ridiculous deal on the Toy Story Operation game. Here's how it was done folks!

Big Lots had the game on sale for $5 last week. I also had a "$4 off any Operation game" coupon I had printed from Hasbro.com. Unfortunetly, Big Lots does not take coupons. But Wal-Mart does - and they price match! So I ran to the cash register at Wal-Mart with the game, a copy of the Big Lots ad and my coupon. A few scans and customer service maangers later (The cashier couldn't seem to believe that it was a legit transaction!) I got my game for a buck. And I'll have one happy 5 year old on Christmas morning!

I got this deal off of one of the many coupon websites I follow - so I can't take all the credit. I wish I remembered which one! Next time I see an awesome deal like this I'll pass it along instead of being all Gollum and hoarding the deals.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love that it was only $1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid to go to coupon web sites because the last time I printed some my computer became riddled with viruses and malware. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes