I broke my bra the other day. Possibly not a big deal, but just like my single, solitary pair of Jorts, I have a single, solitary bra. I KNOW. (SSHhhh, if you listen closely, you can hear Carmen from The Bra and Panties Challenge quietly weeping over this undergarment injustice.) It's my own fault. I will gladly spend $20 on a new toy for my kids, but buy myself a new, MUCH needed bra? Too expensive!
But my broken bra left me no choice. Well, actually I had one choice - a very small bra with no underwire that was shoved in the back of my drawer. When you are as busty as I am, a small bra with no underwire is much like holding two cantaloupes with a shoestring.
After two unsuccessful attempts at finding a nice bra in my size at local stores (you were no help to me JC Penney and Kohl's!) I started calling around to find somewhere that carried my size. I hadn't purchased a new bra since before Grace was born. Maybe even before I was pregnant with her and she's 20 months old! That's a solid two years of no bra shopping. I was lost.
I found my size at the local Fashion Bug, but was disappointed with their selection. When you have a smaller chest, the bras are cute and colorful. When you are big busted they are white, black or beige. And big. Industrial-looking. Fashion Bug did have pretty colors in my size, but they were padded. Padded! I'm a DDD! What on Earth do I need padded? I tried one for a few days and it felt too much like my boobs were their own planets orbiting my body. So I settled for two plain white bras. Very boring, but I'm happy with them. Someday I will have a cute matching bra and panties set. Until then my girls will be high and dry in their new, plain home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Get your bedazzler out and fix up those bras...and don't deny it...you know you still have one! lol with all the crafty things you can do...design your own 'over the shoulder - boulder holder' love ya Mom
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. I have no problem buying my kids a $20 toy either but when it comes to bras... oh lord thats an entire different story. After nursing 3 kids, my gazongas are something else. After going from an A cup before kids to a DD now. There is NOTHING!
ReplyDelete