I'm heading in the right direction and finally broke through my tiny plateau that held me at 202-03 for so long.
I go see my surgeon tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. Looking over my weight-loss logs, I realized I've only lost 10 pounds in the last three months. At first I was so disappointed. But I did some research and I'm actually right on track with the standard weight loss with a lapband.
It's hard to remember that I'm not just a number on the scale or point on the BMI chart. So here are some recent successes:
- I can run 1/4 of a mile without stopping.
- I stopped eating a chicken sandwich because it was gross. Before I would have just continued to eat it just to be eating SOMETHING.
- My daughter was SO PROUD of herself because she rode her bike a mile while I ran. She was so impressed with herself that she KEPT RIDING to push herself! This was huge. Just a few weeks ago she was afraid to ride her bike. I can't help but take a little credit for that.
A while ago, I had a job I hated. Everyday I would drive to work and listen to Zig Ziglar to pump myself full of positive thoughts to get through the day. While I'm definitely not in that toxic place anymore, I still am extremely susceptible to "stinkin' thinkin'" This week my goal is to seek out positive things to fill my mind with.
Some people find them hokey, but they are like oxygen to me! Bring on the cheese!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Sweet Buzzes