Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Becoming a Morning Person

I used to think I was a morning person. I'm not sure where I got that horribly wrong idea, but clearly I've seen the light. As a stay at home mom with young kids,  it's generally okay to not be a morning person.  However, Riley will start preschool again in the next few weeks and that will require me to have him up, ready and at school by 9:30. Last year it was a challenge to get him there by noon.

I've read the Inspired to Action blog for a while now and have skimmed the Maximize your Mornings e-book. When I saw this challenge, I knew I had to give it a whirl. I've only got a few weeks to whip my mornings into shape! So here goes! (In true Mighty B fashion, I'm several days late posting this. Next week it will hopefully be done by Monday - but honestly I'm not making any promises.)


1. What time will you wake up? I'm starting at 6:30 and would love to be up at 5:30 by the end of the month.


2. What time do you  need to go to bed to make sure you still get enough sleep? I really don't know what my body determines is 'enough' sleep. I normally get around 6-7 hours, so I'll shoot for 11:30 and work on rolling it back.


3. Collect all the items you need for your morning time: Eventually I would love to use this time to read my Bible, balance the checkbook, etc. But I don't trust myself to get up early and then sit down without falling asleep. So my coffee supplies are ready, dishes are in the dishwasher and laundry is ready to be started.


4. Set your alarm clack (and a backup clock, if necessary). Setting cell phone to 6:30am.


5. Find an accountability partner. I'm watching my niece and nephew until school starts and they arrive at 7.

I'm linking this post back to the Maximize your Mornings Challenge at So, I Married a Mennonite...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I need to become a morning person too! I just love my sleep but the mornings I do manage to get up before 8:00 are so much more productive!!

    And I just cannot believe you are already 30 weeks...where does time go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get up and get moving too. If I just sit, I feel like crud. But don't talk to me until I've had coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes