Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'll Be Bald for Christmas

During each of my three pregnancies, my curly hair grew into this beautiful, lush mane of curls. Unfortunetly, about three months after giving birth that lush mane falls out. It's not just a few hairs here and there. It's clumps. Drain clogging, disturbing looking clumps. The first time it happened I freaked out. I called my doctor and was not so nice to the nurse because I was convinced this was not normal and that she wanted me to be bald. (So sorry Dina!)

As it turns out, it's not exactly 'normal'. Hormones combined with thyroid issues makes my hair fall out at an alarming rate until everything gets regulated again. That takes about three months. My bangs are already nearly gone and you can see quite a bit more scalp than before. While it's still unsettling to see clumps of my hair in the shower (the kids got scared and thought it was a big spider the other night!) I do my best to hold tight and wait for it to grow back in.


I'm bald ya'll!
So if you see me before it's grown back, please know I haven't gone all Britney Spears and shaved my head. It's just a lovely side effect from having my beautiful baby.

3 comments:

  1. Bethany, my doc put me on birth control for 2 months for my hormones to get back to normal. A little suggestion its been working pretty good for me. It is such a blessing to have our little blessing but the toll it does on our bodies really stinks. I hope things get better soon for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I should send a flower hat to you as well ;) same happened with me, too. Lost it like it was my job!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes