I adore Christmas music. I start listening right after Halloween and I never get tired of it. So here, in very specific order, is my top 5 Christmas songs.
1.) "O Holy Night" - Words cannot describe how much I love this song. So beautiful - and the lyrics, UGH! "The thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices....fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices"...it stirs my soul. This is BEST when Mariah Carey sings it, although Josh Groban does an excellent job as well.
2.) "Sleigh Ride (Instrumental Version)" - Such a bouncy, fun song. I have nothing against the lyrics, I just have very fond memories of playing this with my high school band. (There were no band geeks at my school - we rocked! And I played trombone!)
3.) "Merry Christmas Darling" by The Carpenters - Karen Carpenter had one of the most beautiful voices. This song has so much emotion, "I wish I were with you..."
4.) "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gayle Peevey - so cute. I have a vivid memory of sitting at my Aunt Emily's kitchen table with my cousin Samantha and hearing this on the radio. Now it's one of Riley's favorite songs too.
5.) "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey - classic, fun Christmas song that is in my favorite Christmas movie...which one is that? Guess you'll have to wait for that post. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with 1, 2 and 5. I'd add Carol of the Bells and Must be Santa for my list!
ReplyDeleteYou know, you could dust off that trombone sometime and actually get to PLAY Christmas music again, right?! ;-)
agreed with 1 and 5...
ReplyDeletebut I do admit (its the late 90's pop girl chick talking)that I like Brittany Spear's version (its more playful and fun) of All I Want For Christmas... **ducks**
I'm enjoying the music on your blog :) I have it on it work so I can hear them!!! PS I have a brown hat ordered, a cream one and a pink one at home for miss gracie. Send me your address and I'll get them to you before xmas!! halla@lcsc.k12.in.us
ReplyDelete