Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Want to be an Ostrich


I want to be an osterich and just hide my head in the sand so I can pretend things like this don't happen.



I have a four year old. He doesn't eat. I would never in a million years consider beating him because of it.

I want to pretend I didn't read the article about the man who delivers babies alive and then cuts their spinal cords to kill them. This happened in AMERICA.

I want to pretend that women and children aren't sold to be used as sexual slaves every minute of every day.
I want to pretend that every child has enough to eat, warm clothes to wear and someone to hug them everyday.
I want my heart to stop hurting.
I want to feel like I can do something about this.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 you! this AND more does happen in America, sucks yes! i guess the main thing we can do is pray...

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Buzzes