Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Book Review: Who is My Shelter?


I was so excited when I saw that this book would be available through BookSneeze. I love Neta Jackson and devoured the first three books in this series. Who is My Shelter?  did not disappoint.  The story picked up where it had left off and did a wonderful job tying up loose ends and bringing up new plots for new books.
One of the things I love most about Mrs. Jackson’s books is that her characters are Christian, but far from perfect. She does a great job showing how a normal human being can struggle in their daily walk with God. Gabby Fairbanks is one of my favorite fictional characters. Early in the series she would aggravate me for not standing up for herself, but as the series progresses, she grows as a person and begins look out for her best interests. She struggles with wanting to solve problems herself instead of trusting that God will work it out, which is an issue I think many women can relate to. The plots are not predictable and really draw you into the lives of the characters.  The only issue I had with the book was the introduction of a young man named Will Nissan and the development of his story. It seemed a little far-fetched to me and I don’t see things playing out that way in real life.
Overall, I would highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Buzzes