We have no idea what our little baby's name will be. Jeff named our other two (and did an awesome job!) so he's basically letting me have free reign with this baby. (Within reason of course. I wanted to name her Eugenia after my favorite character in my favorite book. Complete veto on that one!)
There are a few names that I keep coming back to, but nothing sounds just right. I want it to be different, but not weird. Cute for a little girl, but classy for a woman. Something that sounds respectful and not like she's destined to be a stripper. Here are the few I'm tossing around:
- Ella - I love Ella. It reminds me of both Eleanor Roosevelt (one of my favorite women in history) and elephants (my favorite animal). I think Ellie is such a cute name for a little girl, but neither Ella nor Ellie sound right for an adult.
- Allison - I don't have a specific reason for liking Allison. I just do. Although I do think there is some connection to my fondness for SYTYCD's Allison Holker (see side pic!) - who is beautiful, talented and a fellow curly girl.
- Lauren - Just a pretty, classy name that isn't heard often. My biggest fear is that she would be called "Laurie" and I hate that.
- Elisabeth - I love the way this spelling looks - and it would eliminate her being called "Liz" which I don't like. Leaning more towards the middle name for this one.
- Macey - (Or some variation on the spelling.) Such a cute name. I only know one other Macey (Spelled differently) and she is a doll! Just a fun name but still classy for an adult.
- Katelyn - I've loved Katelyn for years. A good friend also named her baby Caitlyn a few years ago. Unfortunately, Caitlyn passed away a week after she was born due to an undetected heart defect. So that name is very bittersweet to me.
So I've made little progress. We still call her Baby Rosie after Riley's favorite girl train from Thomas and Friends. (Rosie is not a name I would consider!) I'm constantly on the look out for names and eventually we WILL find the right one!


Good choices. I have heard quite a few Maceys and Katelyns lately though. My friend just named her little girl Elizabeth Lauren too! I like the sound of Lauren Elizabeth better. I had a great aunt Elizabeth that everyone called Libby and I've always thought that was pretty.
ReplyDeleteAfter just picking first names we liked for Nathaniel and Leah, I feel like if we have another, there should be more meaning behind the name. I dunno... that probably doesn't help you!
I've heard of naming the baby Eleanor and calling her Ella or Ellie when younger...just a thought! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAddisons Best friend is an Ella, which is short for Elisabeth. So you can have the best of both worlds with that one.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, did you find the skinniest pregnant belly you could find to put on here? :) Wish I looked like that when I'm pregnant!
ReplyDeleteNope, that's an actual picture of me right now (or what pulls up when you do a Google Image search for 'baby name'...believe what you will.) :-)
ReplyDelete