
A Time To Dance focuses on Abby and John Reynolds, a couple that has been married for 20 years. Now that their children are grown and starting to leave the nest, Abby and John find their marriage crumbling. Just as they come to the conclusion to end their marriage, their daughter announces her engagement. The Reynolds decide to try and keep their plans to divorce a secret until after the wedding, but their anger and suspicion of infidelity make it difficult to keep the peace. They both turn to God for the first time in a long time to seek answers and direction during this difficult time of their life.
This was my first Karen Kingsbury book and I wanted to like it, but was very disappointed. The characters were frustratingly stubborn and clueless. I felt like the book could have been half as long as it actually was because the author kept repeating the same things over and over again. The book wasn’t as predictable as I expected, but instead of being intrigued by things I didn’t expect, I just didn’t care. I couldn’t find a character to relate to or even root for. I had to force myself to finish the book and was relieved when it was finally over.
* I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.*
I've only read one of her books, "Between Sundays." I liked it, but not enough to go out and read a bunch more by her.
ReplyDeleteI actually just joined this website. How often do they come out with new books to choose from?
ReplyDeleteKarie
The books are added sporadically. When I first joined, it was a few weeks before any books were added. But now they seem to add a few new ones every few weeks.
ReplyDelete