I told you about my top 5 Christmas songs. Now here are a few things that drive me CRAZY about Christmas music.
1.) When the artist has children sing. I don't know these kids and I can't see how cute they are. It's not precious, just irritating.
2.) When the artist pulls a "patriotic swap". It's nice that Beyonce and her friends want to honor our troops, but a "Red, White, and Blue Christmas"? Come on! You can do better Beyonce! (On the same note, "Sending You a Little Christmas" by Jim Brickman and Kristy Starling is one of the most beautiful songs ever and never fails to make me cry. So maybe it's not the patriotism I have a problem with...maybe it's just Beyonce?)
3.) SAD Christmas songs - "Do they know it's Christmas time at all?" Matthew West has a new one that will make you want to lock yourself in the closet and cry for days. "Christmas Shoes" is the absolute worst - it's depressing AND has children singing. Can I get a little joy please?
What are your Christmas music pet peeves?
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Bethany, I am so bummed you don't like Matthew's song "One Last Christmas". The little guy that he is singing about in that song is Dax Locke and lived in the town where we live now. The song is sad, but Dax had a truely amazing story and the way that Washington came together to truely give him one last Christmas was amazing. I don't think anyone could hardly bring themselves to take down their Christmas lights even after Christmas was over and after Dax had passed. It truely does make you thankful for the time you have with your loved ones and to remember to make each moment count. **I hope this comment didn't sound mean, I didn't want it to. I just wanted to say that I love that song, even if it is sad....(I cried the whole way through the video).
ReplyDeleteI like the Matthew West song, One Last Christmas... but I have to change the radio station everytime it comes on... since crying (bawling) and driving can be dangerous!
ReplyDelete