Thursday, July 10, 2008

Exciting Mail and Labor Playlist

It's a normal, everyday Thursday - but when I went out to check the mail, I found this:

I was the winner of a set of handmade cards from Freckles and Fireflies! The portfolio that the cards came in was so pretty I almost didn't want to open it. The cards inside were even prettier! I can't wait to send one! Freckles and Fireflies is a stationary and gift shop run by Brittany Armstrong. She makes amazing items. Check out her shop by clicking here.


Yesterday I made my 'labor and delivery' playlist to listen to while in the hospital. I came up with some great songs, but only 14 of them! While a 45 minute labor and delivery would be an incredible blessing - I don't see it happening. So I'm looking for suggestions on some new songs. Here's what I have so far...


1.) Baby Mine - Bette Midler


2.) You are my Sunshine - Elizabeth Mitchell - a beautiful version of one of my favorite songs


3.) Stronger Woman - Jewel - I've loved this song since I heard the lyrics "From now on I'm gonna be the kind of woman I'd want my daughter to be"


4.) Free Fallin' - John Meyer - the Tom Petty song sang in John Meyer's mellow way


5.) Because of you - Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson - kind of a sad song, but easy to get lost in. I AM Reba McEntire when this comes on the radio. :-)


6.) Everything - Michael Buble


7.) So Small - Carrie Underwood


8.) Bubbly - Colbie Callait


9.) You're Gonna Miss This - Trace Adkins - maybe I'll convince myself I'll miss being in labor?


10.) My Wish - Rascal Flats


11.) In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride - I could hardly listen to this song before without getting misty eyed. Now that I'm having a daughter of my own, it's taken on a whole new meaning.


12.) I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross - it makes me laugh to think that if she could choose any theme song for being born, it would be this. A Soul Train lover just like her momma!


13.) Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder


14.) Fingerprints of God - Steven Curtis Chapman

So what should I add?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Buzzes